Updated: Jun 4, 2019
I was invited to join Adam Procter, delivering a speech at IBM (for the Winchester Cultural Network) showing the interplay between design and digital technology. My role was to demonstrate the project to show the connection.
This was a rundown of my presentation:
1. About myself, the project and its initial theme.
2. Specific articles of hyper-connectivity research (i.e. sociological impact and journalistic scaremongering of families. Leading to audience development.
3. Family interaction, NFC technology and the creation of a magical game.
4. The interaction of the game and its co-operative goal
5. Development away from screen to use of a VUI
6. The verbal interaction of the game
7. The design of the cards
From this it enabled me to gather my thoughts on the project and how the players truly interact with the game. It was also a great networking opportunity, although I'm still very much a novice at this. I believe that this will help the project as it has enabled me to breakdown the gameplay shortly and explain the game better.